From the 1st till the 8th of November, we can easily gain indulgences for the Poor Souls so that they might be quickly freed from Purgatory and enter into their eternal reward.
Indulgenced acts to be performed for obtaining a Plenary Indulgence for the Poor Souls of Purgatory:
- From November 1 to 8: visit of a cemetery with prayer, at least mental, for the poor souls.
- On November 2: visit of a church or an oratory with one Our Father and one Creed being recited.
Six General rules for obtaining a Plenary Indulgence:
- State of grace at least when performing the indulgenced act
- Complete detachment from sin, even venial sin
- Prayers for the Supreme Pontiff
- Indulgenced act: a special good work with special conditions of place and time
Please Note: "It is appropriate, but not necessary, that the sacramental Confession and especially Holy Communion and the prayer for the Pope's intentions take place on the same day that the indulgenced work is performed; but it is sufficient that these sacred rites and prayers be carried out within several days (about 20) before or after the indulgenced act. Prayer for the Pope's intentions is left to the choice of the faithful, but an "Our Father" and a "Hail Mary" are suggested. One sacramental Confession suffices for several plenary indulgences, but a separate Holy Communion and a separate prayer for the Holy Father's intentions are required for each plenary indulgence."
~par. 5 of General Remarks on Indulgences by the Apostolic Penitentiary, 29 January 2000
For the full text: https://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/tribunals/apost_penit/documents/rc_tr...